This event is a real success story for the MySQL ecosystem; the content, the speakers and the attendees are growing every year.
The MySQL Developer room focuses on MySQL and its Ecosystem.
It will run on Sunday 7th February.
New rules / What changes since last year:
- For obvious reasons, this year the event will not take place in a physical location but online.
- The reference time will be Brussels local time (CET).
- Talks will be pre-recorded, and streamed during the event – Before proposing a session, please make sure you will have the facilities (camera, microphone, network) and time to prepare, upload and review a recording during the first two weeks of January if your proposal is accepted.
- Q&A session will be live after your talk.
- A platform will be provided for people watching to join a common chat.
- A platform will be provided for people watching to submit questions.
Because creating such event is not easy, because of the indecisive situation, etc… we are now bound by time.
- Submission deadline: 22nd December 2020
- Announcement of selected talks: 31st December 2020
- Submission of recorded talks: Sunday, January 17th 2021
- Devroom date: Sunday 7th February 2021
How to submit:
For this edition, we decided to have a mix of sessions. We are accepting talks of 15, 25 and 40 minutes, with time for questions afterward. The Q&A session will be live. Please, don’t forget to specify the duration in your submission.
You might be aware that the usual standard length for MySQL Devroom is 25 minutes and the majority of accepted talks will certainly
be in that range but we are open to exception (explain why in your submission).
All submissions have to be made in the Pentabarf event planning tool:
While creating your proposal, please provide the title of your talk, a short abstract, some information about yourself (eg. name, bio, photo, contact information, but remember that your profile might be already stored in Pentabarf).
It’s very important that you select the right track “MySQL devroom” and don’t forget to specify the duration.
And as usual, marketing and sales speeches are not welcome. Please focus on the engineering side, the operations and of course the developers. We want to hear how you are hacking MySQL and develop around it !
Recording of Talks:
The talks in the MySQL developer room as in other rooms must be pre-recorded.
Speakers have to submit a recording of their talk to the devroom in Pentabarf (if the talk is accepted and when recorded, not during the proposal) and be available for Q&A during the event.
By participating in the event you agree to the publication of your recordings, slides and other content provided under the same license as all FOSDEM content (CC-BY).
In the “Submission notes” field in Pentabarf, please indicate that you agree to the publications.
For example: “If my speech is accepted for FOSDEM MySQL Devroom, I agree to the publication of my recordings, slides provided under the same license as all FOSDEM content (CC-BY). Sincerely, Name”.
Thank you, and see you soon virtually during FOSDEM 2021 ! Don’t wait too much and submit as soon as possible.